Patrick Swayze dies at 57

Patrick Swayze dies at 57 Patrick Wayne Swayze better known as Patrick Swayze, who was an American actor, singer, songwriter and also a dancer.

Patrick was born on August 18, 1952 at Houston, Texas, U.S and he died on September 14, 2009 at the age of 57, at Los Angeles, California, U.S., due to pancreatic cancer.

According to Annett Wolf, his publicist, "Patrick Swayze passed away peacefully today with family at his side after facing the challenges of his illness for the last 20 months," and then she declined to give further details.

Fans of the actor were become sad to learn in March 2008 that, "Swayze is suffering from a particularly deadly form of cancer." He continued to work despite the diagnosis, to compose a memoir with his wife and the shooting of "The Beast", a drama series from A & E, as he had done the pilot.

The first time Swayze went public with the disease, some reports were given only weeks to live, but his doctor told her that his situation was "considerably more optimistic" than that. Swayze admits that time is running out because of the harshness of the disease.

Swayze said to Barbara Walters, who is from ABC in 2009 that, "I'd say five years is pretty wishful thinking, and he added that, "Two years seems likely if you're going to believe statistics. I want to last until they find a cure, which means I'd better get a fire under it."

C. Thomas Howell, the costarred in "The Outsider" with Swayze said that, "I have always had a special place in my heart for Patrick. While I was fortunate enough to work with him in three films, it was our passion for horses that forged a friendship between us that I treasure to this day. Not only did we lose a fine actor today, I lost my older `Outsiders' brother."

In the September 2008 lives television event "Stand Up to Cancer", at the same event he made his moving plea, "I keep dreaming of a future, a future with a long and healthy life, a life not lived in the shadow of cancer, but in the light. ... I dream that the word `cure' will no longer be followed by the words `is impossible."

Leave a Reply